OData criteria encoding and "'Edm.Boolean' are not compatible" issues

Did some work today with an OData system. Making an number of mistakes along the way, everything seemed normal, until I got to the this error message:
- "The types 'Edm.Boolean' and 'Edm.String' are not compatible."

It seemed to persist almost no matter what. The solution if you're here banging your head against the wall is pretty simple, if frustrating.

Tags: 

Sample NPM package.json for Drupal

I've recently started to dump build tools. The abstractions just aren't needed, and add complexity in some cases. To that end, I'm nearly doing all my asset management in package.json with NPM scripts. For existing sites I'm maintaining, I can use this as a simple drop in to help get started. It may require a little modification site to site, depending on if you need to ignore certain themes, or modules. But, I think the base package here is clear enough you'll be able to replicate the pieces required.

An example converting angular 1.5 to use RxJS

I've been doing some work recently upgrading massive portions of an angular 1.3 code base in preparation to move to angular 2 (someday). From a high level stand point, here's the what can be done ahead of time to help make it easier when you do go:

Passing Extra Data To JQuery Ajax Callback Functions

While working with a form that needed ajax handling I ran into an issue. The system I was developing was extremely likely to cause multiple of the same form on the page, one per element. Trying to find and adjust the form post ajax was starting to involve the addition of ids, moving down the dom to move back up, etc. Just nasty, and totally inefficient. So I did a bit of digging to find a way to pass the initial jQuery $form element from the ajax kickoff into the resulting callbacks.

Tags: 

Pages

Subscribe to Fragmented Thought RSS